- Provides general and detailed information concerning University programs and policies. Advises others concerning admission, registration and student accounts procedures. Ensures distribution of information packages, letters, forms and applications.
- Processes documents related to admissions, registration and placement tests. Assesses eligibility according to established guidelines. Prepares acknowledgement and decision letters.
- Maintains, updates records and files. Sorts, codes, enters and verifies information. Ensures the accuracy and completeness of information. Investigates and follows up on discrepancies. Consults appropriate documentation or resource persons in order to obtain and provide information. Resolves problems. Refers complex problems to resource persons.
- Explains and demonstrates the use of computerized information systems such as an automated registration system and student accounts system. Provides assistance in completing various forms.
- Initiates others in unit activities. Follows up as appropriate.
- Receives and follows up on matters related to student account fee payments. Processes requests for transcripts and letter of attestation. Produces ID cards and Health Cards.
- Prepares documents such as lists and reports.
- Maintains inventory of materials and supplies for unit.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks, which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
DEP (Secretarial/Office Systems)
Three (3) years` related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number, via email to: hr.es [at] mcgill.ca