In support of McGill’s development mission and under general supervision of the Associate Director of Donor Relations, the Stewardship Officer acts as a stewardship resource in the delivery of a centralized, donor-centric stewardship program for annual giving donors through the McGill Fund. The incumbent manages stewardship strategies to effectively communicate the impact of giving to annual fund donors. The Stewardship Officer develops and implements strategic communications as well as ensures proper documentation and communication of stewardship plans and efforts.
- Develop a series of initiatives to recognize the impact of philanthropy of McGill’s annual fund donors.
- Collaborate with centrally-based partners and liaise with Faculty teams to establish appropriate, segmented and customized acknowledgment communications.
- Manage stewardship of University Advancement’s leadership and loyalty annual giving circles and align these with fundraising strategies; participate in regular assessments to ensure appropriate implementation of donor recognition programs that will encourage donor engagement and strengthen relationships between donors and McGill University. Evaluate the effectiveness of stewardship programs based on feedback and performance of segments and utilize this information to improve stewardship initiatives.
- Participate in the development and implementation of leadership and loyalty annual giving circles communications strategies to ensure that eligible annual fund donors receive timely and appropriate impact communications.
- Develop and implement university-wide comprehensive stewardship strategies for the McGill Fund, including alumni, parents and Faculty & Staff donors. In collaboration with various Faculty and University Advancement partners, secure consistent and strategic engagement across the units. Ensure cultivation and stewardship activities are aligned with university-wide strategies and stewardship standards.
- Implement and maintain an Annual Fund first-time donor program, which includes acknowledging gifts among other activities from new donors.
- In collaboration with Alumni Relations and Annual Giving departments, develop and manage a stewardship program to engage young alumni donors in McGill’s philanthropic initiatives and build long-term, meaningful relationships with the University.
- Manage stewardship initiatives for special projects such as Reunion Class Giving.
- Participate in the creation and implementation of a Virtual Donor Wall acknowledging the contribution of donors. Ensure the accuracy and maintenance of central donor recognition lists as well as manage permissions to publish requests.
- In partnership with the Communications team, participate in the creation of innovative stewardship communications that will engage donors through social media and other digital communications vehicles.
- Participate in the ongoing maintenance and development of the Stewardship Profile as well as codify stewardship obligations and opportunities in collaboration with Advancement Services. For projects relating to leadership annual giving circles, manage the mapping of requirements, testing, and evaluation of deliverables and act as the primary point person for Donor Relations when collaborating with the systems development group.
- Perform related duties; some evening or weekend work may be required.
Three (3) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number, via email to: staffing.dev [at] mcgill.ca.