Working in close collaboration with the Associate Dean, Postgraduate Medical Education, provides high-level administrative support to Postgraduate Medical Education and governmental aspects of Professional Affairs. Advises trainees, Program Directors, Departmental Chairs and administrative staff on application and interpretation of rules and regulations pertaining to postgraduate medical education.
- Provides guidance and support to a diverse student population, is responsive to their academic needs, facilitates the pursuit of their educational goals and ensures that they make the most of their University experience.
- Delivers or supports the delivery of student affairs services to a faculty/department/unit in situations where there are a variety of practices and precedents.
- Develops and implements procedures and/or controls to enhance the operation of a faculty/department/unit and provides administrative direction regarding the unit's goals and objectives.
- Acts as an advisor to faculty/department/unit members on various student affairs and advising situations/issues. Analyses problems, determines course of action, and provides advice to unit members on problem resolution. When appropriate, informs supervisor.
- Advises trainees and Program Directors on academic issues, including promotions and probations issues. Provides support for the Faculty Postgraduate Promotions Committee.
- Acts as Registrar for Postgraduate Medical Education.
- Acts as advisor to unit members regarding University personnel policies and procedures.
- Participates in the implementation of new initiatives that support the strategic direction of the faculty/ department/ unit by keeping abreast of new developments and trends in the student affairs field, specifically in areas such as advising approaches and programs, student record enhancements, etc.
- Oversees the preparation of Exchange Agreement contracts. Prepares statistical reports.
Three (3) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now. Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.