Working under the direction of the Associate Dean, Undergraduate, the Student Records Officer is responsible for student records services from student enrollment through to graduation. Key responsibilities include collaborating with Enrolment Services regarding the registration, promotion and graduation functions of the unit, maintaining accurate and secure student records such as the Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada (AFMC), Medical Council of Canada (MCC), United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE), Canadian Residency Matching Services (CaRMS), Bureau de coopération interuniversitaire (BCI) and Collège des médecins du Québec (CMQ). This position is a resource to the Associate Dean, Undergraduate Medical Education, the academic leadership of the MDCM Program and medical students with regard to academic regulations, including student promotion regulations, leaves of absence, and other related dossiers.
- Supervise administrative and support staff and oversee the daily administrative operations handled by the student records team.
- Oversees the process of UGME student records and affairs ensuring their integrity and security.
- Maintains a database of student and class performance and provides reports on these to external organizations such as the Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada (AFMC) and the Ministère d’éducation et Enseignement supérieur (MEES) and Ministère de Santé et Services Sociaux (MSSS)for purpose of tracking student achievement, fulfilling accreditation requirements and reporting.
- Manages student enrollment, registration, promotion, Student affairs and graduation functions. This includes collaboration with the Faculty of Medicine Office of Admissions and McGill University Enrollment Services.
- Ensures the timely assessment of students in accordance with UGME policies and procedures in communication and collaboration with Course Directors, Site Directors and other faculty members.
- Oversees and approves the submission of UGME information in the eCalendar.
- Participates in the organization of key events such as orientation and graduation.
- Organizes Collège des médecins du Québec registration sessions for 1st year students.
- Oversees the process regarding prizes, merit scholarships and awards for all 4 years of the MDCM Program. This includes collaboration with University Advancement and Finance.
- Collaborates with the Faculty of Dentistry on issues related to the participation of DMD students in MDCM Program courses.
- Works closely with the Associate Dean UGME regarding academic policy, student promotions, leaves of absence, standards of student professional behavior, and related dossiers. This includes drafting and modifying internal and external documents.
- Acts as Secretary to the Student Promotions Committee (SPC). This includes renewing Committee membership, organizing meetings, preparing agendas and associated documentation, communicating with students on behalf of the Chair, writing letters on behalf of the Chair, preparing reports, documenting decisions and following up on action items in conjunction with the Associate Dean UGME and the Chair of the Student Promotions Committee.
- Collaborates with MedIT and the Medical Education Services Systems team and ensures proper implementation of systems used for student records.
- Collaborates with other offices and departments in the Faculty of Medicine. This includes postgraduate medical education (PGME) and the office of the Vice-Dean, Education.
- Performs duties as a Commissioner of Oaths.
- Acts as the Faculty resource person for external undergraduate licensing examinations of the MCC (Medical Council of Canada examinations) and chief invigilator. Arranges and plans for the 2 week exams including special needs.
- Represents UGME on University-level committees and represents Student Records on UGME-level committees.
- Collaborates with other UGME Office staff on projects, joint student issues and activities as needed, including the White Coat Ceremony and French language workshops.
Three (3) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now. Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.