Where are Chemical Engineers employed, what do they do? Their careers are widely distributed due to their flexibility and desirable background training. They become good employees or bold enterpreneurs, sometimes successful even in fields unrelated to engineering. We find Chemical Engineers mainly in:
- manufacturing plant process design;
- product/process development;
- middle and even top management positions;
- engineering consulting practice, environmental consulting;
- mathematical modeling and computer simulation of systems - many different systems;
- insurance risk assessment; and
- diversifying their careers into the practice of Law: patent law, corporate law, etc.