Click the '+' sign to learn more about our services
Custom Assays Development
Design, programming and validation of methods tailored for your needs.
Methods can be run by users (after a free training) or by CIAN staff (additional fees apply).
Examples of custom methods and projects
- Re-array of an E. coli library for an RNAi screen in C. elegans
- Re-format of a S. cerevisiae collection from 96-well plates to individual vials
- Compound library copy and re-arrangement
- SGA screens (pinning) and confirmations (spotting assay)
- Experimental evolution and evolutionary rescues
- siRNA screens
- ELISA assays
- PCR-based genotyping
- Luminsecent expression reporter
- Fluorescence displacement
- Drug sensitivity screens (in liquid medium or on solid medium)
- Assys in 24-, 96- or 384 wells plates
- and more...
- Plasmid DNA preparation: Submit E. coli clones on agar plates or as liquid cultures in tubes or 96-deep well plates for plasmid DNA minprep.
- Fly genomic DNA preparation: Submit 5 Drosophila flies/well in 96-well plates to get genomic DNA suitable for PCR genotyping.
- Growth spotting assay: Submit liquid cultures of yeast or bacteria or use our yeast collections to screen by spotting serial dilutions on agar-plates.
cian [at] mcgill.ca (Contact us) for more information on our services and to discuss your project.