Summer Session: July 30 - August 17, 2018 (3 weeks) View Brochure
Registration deadline: TBA
* Note: If you have missed the deadline, kindly call or email the contact information listed below.
1. CENG 111: FUNDAMENTALS OF AEROSPACE METALLIC MATERIALS (30 HOURS)
This course will present the fundamentals of metals as a material, light metals and superalloys as they are widely used in aerospace design, as well as hot working of metals. It offers 15 hours of labs as part of the 30 contact-hours.
2. CENG 112: INTRODUCTION TO ENGINEERING DESIGN OPTIMIZATION (15 HOURS)
This course will present basic optimization theory, algorithms and computational tools for engineering design. The student will learn to develop proper mathematical models to formulate design optimization problems and choose/apply appropriate optimization algorithms to solve them.
3. CBUS 238: BASIC PRINCIPLES OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT (15 HOURS)
This introductory course is designed for those who are seeking essential project management knowledge. It provides an overview of the basic principles of project management and their practical applications. Topics covered include project initiation and planning, managing project constraints: time, cost and scope; project risk management, change control and closeout.
Courses are non-credit transcript courses. A McGill transcript will be issued for these courses. The language of instruction is English. Courses can be taken individually.
July 30 - August 17, 2018 Fees
- Tuition and Ancillary Fees: $2,850 CAD
PROGRAM FEES INCLUDE
- International Health Insurance (for non-Canadian students)
- All course material
- Official McGill Transcript
- Attestation of Completion of Program
- Orientation Session
- Welcome and Farewell receptions
OPTIONAL (FEES TO BE ANNOUNCED)
- Accommodation (Double Occupancy, Taxes Included): $787.95 CAD
- Industrial visit
- Cultural and social activities
- Meals not included
Please complete the Registration package and send it to summer.studies [at] mcgill.ca.
Winter E-mail: shortprograms [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Request%20for%20Information%20-%20Aerospace%20Engineering%20Winter%202017)
Summer E-mail: summer.studies [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Request%20for%20Information%20-%20Aerospace%20Engineering%20Summer%202017)