If you are involved with the financial administration of Tri-Agency grants (CIHR, NSERC, SSHRC and CRC), please read the message below.
This message is sent out on behalf of Elvie Coletta, Director, Research Financial Management Services, Financial Services
In keeping with the Tri-Agency requirement to clearly indicate a Claimant’s affiliation with the Principal Investigator’s (PI) research group, when submitting advance requests and expense reimbursements on a research grant where the Claimant is not the grantee (PI) , a new field has been added in Minerva (effective December 1, 2016):
- Free form text field
- Appears on all forms under the Fund Code field on the first screen
- Maximum of 75 characters may be entered
- Field must be completed when the Claimant is not the grantee (PI) of the research grant being charged
Notes for data entry:
1. For Claimants other than the grantee (PI), the affiliation with the grantee’s research group must be specified. Examples of affiliation:
- Graduate Student
- Research Staff
- Visiting Researcher
- Guest Speaker
- Project Manager
2. For payments to vendors, who the expense is for and their affiliation to the research group must be specified.
Contact sonia.pietraroia [at] mcgill.ca (Sonia Pietraroia)
Don’t forget that the attached Reimbursement of Expenses Requirements Checklist – Tri-Agency is available on the RAN website - http://www.mcgill.ca/research/ran/research-administration-toolbox.
[Message sent over the FIS listserv]