Here are some places you can relax, de-stress and take some time for self-care on campus.
McGill's campuses have plenty of green space. Spending time outside on your lunch break or between classes can help reduce stress and improve your mood. It can also help you focus and concentrate in class and while studying.
Check out McGill's campus map and check out "outdoor spaces" under the "themes" category. Some of our favourites are the Morgan Arboretum and the Ecoresidence courtyard at MacDonald campus, and the community gardens near Burnside on the Downtown campus.
- Visit their meditation room and quiet lounge space
- Services offered: light therapy, guided meditation headphone station, in-house interfaith library, tea, coffee
- Location and hours: Presbyterian College, 2nd floor, 3495 rue University, M-F 10am-4pm
- A quiet retreat on campus, this two-story interfaith chapel reflects the pluralism of the campus and the variety of faiths within McGill
- Location and hours: 3520 rue University, 2nd floor, M-f 9am-5pm (events take priority)
- The McGill Counselling Service offers several workshops and sessions on mindfulness, meditation, and self care, as well as individual counselling services
- Visit their website for details on accessing services
- This quiet, bright, and comfy lounge, operated by the Students' Society of McGill University, is full of couches, bean bags, and big tables
- Location: University Centre, 3480 rue McTavish, 1st floor
- A space for graduate students to eat, drink, and relax, get to know one another, and participate in Post-Graduate Students' Society activity
- Location: 3650 rue McTavish
Faculty and Departmental Lounges
- Many faculty and departmental student associations have their own lounge space. Find yours by visiting the "Faculty and School Associations" website
Centennial Centre, near the MacDonald Campus Students' Society (MCSS) Office
During the day, the bar itself is closed by the room is open to students, with lots of tables and natural lighting. Often, food is served at low cost.
MacDonald Campus Library
The library has armchairs by the windows for relaxed studying or a break!