How clever are you when it comes to data privacy?
IT Services has a cartoon in need of a caption and we are hoping you can help! The cartoon is from the classic tale that most of us know: Cinderella. What most don’t know is what Cinderella’s story can tell us about data privacy.
IT Services is holding a contest open to all students, faculty and staff. We need your help to add a new spin to an old story. Who is speaking and what is being said? Well, that’s up to you.
The contest is simple:
- submit your caption in our IT Services Yammer group,
- a selection committee comprised of members within IT Services will choose a short list of entries, and then
- the voting will be opened to the entire McGill community.
The caption with the most votes wins lunch for two at the McCord Museum!
How to participate
- Cartoon caption submissions will be accepted from Wednesday Feb 14 to Monday, Feb 26 at 11:59 pm.
- For details about the rules and where to submit your photos, please go to the IT Services Yammer group (sign in with your McGill Username and McGill Password).
- Voting will take place from March 1 to March 15, with the winners announced on Monday, March 19.
Want to learn more about Data Privacy?
The more information you make public about yourself (and your friends and family), the greater your exposure to online threats such as identity theft, cyber-stalking and cyber-bullying.
Learn more about how to protect yourself: