The Flu shot campaign for 2017-18 will be different from past years due to a Quebec Health Accessory fee law that was passed in January 2017. McGill Student Health Services will offer the vaccine FREE for those who have a Québec Medicare Card and meet at least one Department of Public Health's Criteria. Also, to students that require it for academic purposes (Health Sciences faculties and Mac Dietetics primarily).
The Criteria include:
- Healthy adults 60 years of age or over
- Have a long term chronic medical condition e.g. asthma, diabetes, etc.
- Have a long term heart or lung problem.
- Have a lowered resistance to infection because of cancer or other immunological disorders.
- Live with a child 0-23 months of age.
- Live with individuals at risk especially those confined to their homes.
- Are a health care worker or have frequent contact with people in the high risk groups.
Students WITHOUT a Québec Medicare (RAMQ) card, or students who do not meet the criteria for the free shot, can pay to receive the flu shot somewhere else:
- Pharmaprix's Flu Shot Finder
- Jean Coutu's flu shot booking pages to book online.
- In the vicinity of Macdonald Campus: UNIPRIX Pharmacy, 88 Sainte-Anne Street, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, 2nd floor. Students can call (438) 401-7092 to get their paid flu vaccine, from a nurse (and any other vaccine actually). Students can be seen on a walk in basis from 9 to 11 on Mondays and Thursdays or book an appointment otherwise. There will be a charge.
- Travel clinic West-Island (Paid Flu vaccine is offered): 3883 St-Jean Boulevard, Suite 306, Dollard-des-Ormeaux. Must call to book an appointment at (514) 360-1102. Clinic opened: Mon-Fri : 9am – 4pm, Sat 9am – 3pm. Parking: Free.
- MUHC vaccination center.
Eligible students can call Student Health Services at Macdonald Campus as of November 17th to make an appointment (514) 398-7992.