The department of Mechanical Engineering has a long history of excellence in research and teaching. We have outstanding academic faculty who have earned world-wide recognition and fame as well as exceptional group of graduate and undergraduate students. For more than a century, we have been committed to train the next generation of innovators, industrial leaders and academics. McGill Engineering has been ranked 18th among the world’s top Engineering Schools in a 2009 listing published by U.S. News and World Report.
- #1 Mechanical Engineering Dept in Canada, QS World University Rankings
- #1 in Canada, Mechanical, Aeronautical, and Manufacturing Engineering category, US News and World Report
- 4 Canada Research Chairs within the Department
- 1 NSERC-Bombardier-Bell-CAE Industrial Chair
- 1 James McGill Chair
- 1 William Dawson Research Scholar
- 4 Fellows of the Royal Society of Canada
- 1 Faculty of Engineering Distinguished Professor
- 1 Thomas Workman Professors
- 2 Thomas Workman Emeritus Professors
- #1 Canadian school, #18th Worldwide, QS World University Rankings
- #1 Canadian school - Medical Doctoral category, Macleans
- McGill ranked 29th in the world regarding the employability of its graduates, 2012 Global Employability Survey
Grad Supervision Website: The newly updated Supervision website provides comprehensive evidence-based information about supervision best practices, policies, roles and responsibilities, and resources for both students and supervisors.
SKILLSETS provides interdisciplinary professional development offerings to all graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. There are over 250 free professional skills events and workshops throughout the year.