Screening material (due by December 1st)
All Conducting M.Mus. applicants must submit a video screening for pre-selection by December 1st.
- Include a minimum of 20 minutes of music and at least two contrasting pieces.
- You can include recent recital or professional performances.
For instructions on how to upload your material, follow our application guide.
On-campus auditions 2018:
- Orchestral: Monday, March 19th
- Choral: February 5th, 6th and 7th
- Wind: We will not be accepting applications for Fall 2018
Check uApply for your individual audition date, time, location and accompanist information.
You must graduateadmissions.music [at] mcgill.ca (email our admissions staff) to confirm whether or not you will attend.
How to prepare
If you are selected to audition after we have reviewed your screening video and other application materials, you will audition live at the Schulich School of Music. During your visit, you can tour McGill University, meet faculty and students and we can find out more about you and your eligibility for the Conducting M.Mus. program.
- Prepare to be interviewed about your experience and your educational and professional goals.
- If you are coming from outside Canada, check with Immigration Canada for travel document requirements.
What happens on audition day
- You will participate in a 15-30 minute rehearsal with one of our choral and/or wind ensembles.
- You may be asked to sight-sing and read a score at the keyboard.
- You may be briefly tested on your background knowledge of choral or wind band literature.
- Prepare for a 30 minute interview.