At the time of application you must:
- Have a minimum CGPA of 2.00 (for a summer request)
- Have a minimum CGPA of 2.70 (for a fall and/or winter request)
- Be currently registered as a full-time student in the McGill BA, BSW or B.Th. degree. (See course load)
- Have completed a minimum of 12 graded McGill credit at the time of application and a minimum of 24 graded McGill credits prior to the start of your study away
- Exchange, Special, Visiting or Freshman (U0) students are not eligible to apply
|FALL TERM||August 15|
|WINTER TERM||December 15|
|SUMMER TERM|| |
April 15 (for May courses), May 15 (for June courses), June 15 (for July courses)
Before beginning an application, you should carefully review the Plan & Prepare information to help you plan your study abroad experience.
NOTE: U3 students and graduation: Students who are taking one or more courses at another university during their term of graduation WILL NOT be eligible to graduate at the end of that final term. These students MUST select the NEXT available term of graduation. Refer to “U3 students and graduation” on the Transfer Credit Policy for further information. Please consult our Arts OASIS graduation checklist to be sure that you will be meeting all your graduation requirements.
NOTE: BSW students MUST first discuss plans to take courses at another university with their program adviser in Social Work. If the School of Social Work approves your course selection, then continue to follow the application instructions outlined below.
Step 2: Verify that the course(s) you want to take is approved in the Course Equivalency System. All courses require approval by the corresponding McGill department so, in order for your request to be submitted to the correct unit, carefully read the following information.
- If the course you want to take appears on the Course Equivalency System, you can submit your IUT-CREPUQ application.
- If you are able to find a course on the Course Equivalency System but the equivalence has expired you will have the option of requesting a reassessment by following the instructions. (See #8 Expired Equivalency).
- If you are NOT able to find a course on the Course Equivalency System you will have to request that a new equivalency assessment be done. (See #6 New Course Equivalency). The request will require that you upload a pdf of the course syllabus which must include the textbooks, readings, method of evaluation, and any other relevant information. Please take the time to read the course syllabus checklist. Once the course equivalency has been assessed and approved, you will receive an email notification that it has been added to the Course Equivalency System. You will then be able to submit your IUT-CREPUQ application.
Step 3: Complete the CREPUQ application.
Start by selecting the appropriate ‘field of study’ from the drop-down menu of the CREPUQ application.
- Courses (required, complementary or elective): select the academic unit/department offering the program. Select the subject area not the degree. For example, select "Political Science", not “BA in Political Science”.
- For Basic Math and Science courses: select "BA Undeclared" as the name of your program of study.
- For Courses outside the Faculties of Arts and of Science: select "BA Undeclared" as the name of your program of study.
- For Online courses: select “BA Undeclared” as the name of your program of study.
- All courses must be evaluated and approved for McGill equivalences before submitting your IUT-CREPUQ application.
Step 4: Once the host university and McGill approve your course(s) you still need to register for the course(s) at the university. Registration instructions will be provided by the host university.
Step 5: Your approved IUT status will be noted on your McGill record as “IUT – Transfer”. If this coding does not appear within the first 4 weeks of classes, please email iut [at] mcgill.ca.