The GREAT awards are to support attendance to international meetings, conferences, and symposiums. Only in exceptional circumstances will meetings in Canada, excluding Quebec, be considered. Applicants must present an oral or poster presentation at the intended meeting, provide proof of registration and a copy of the submitted abstract.
Eligibility: Only graduate students registered full time in Masters (years 1 to 3) or Doctoral programs (years 1 to 6).
Covered Period: Travel between May 1st to April 30th of following year.
Selection Criteria: Selection of awardees will be based on a combination of both merit and the following:
- Priority to students who never received the award (second time application will only be considered if funds are available for the December deadline)
- Seniority in program
- Priority to students who lack external funding that is specifically allocated to research (not stipend).
- Supervisor must match funds or pay for balance of expenses.
Application deadlines: April 1st, September 1st, December 1st
- Completed web form (click the GREAT Award Request Form button on the left)
- Proof of conference registration (send directly to gradstudies.pharmacology [at] mcgill.ca (Tina Tremblay))
- Proof of attendance upon return from the conference, otherwise award has to be reimbursed.