Use the following as a guide to help formulate your personal statement.
You are encouraged to provide as much information as possible in support of your request. If you agree with any of the following statements, or find yourself in a difficult situation and would like additional help with any of the items listed below, please consult your academic advisor or Service Point.
- I have been experiencing difficulty adjusting to living away from home.
- I feel very disconnected from other students in my program/residence.
- I have been experiencing stress regarding my family/relationship.
- I have been experiencing personal difficulties that have impeded my ability to complete/attend class.
- I have recently undergone or am currently experiencing considerable physical/emotional health concerns.
- I am experiencing urgent financial, job related and/or housing concerns.
- I have a diagnosed learning disability or suspect that I do and I am having trouble managing the course material.
- I am registered with the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) (514) 398-6009).
- I live with anxiety or depression that affects my daily life and/or academic performance.
Academic Concerns (Please contact your Faculty Advisors to discuss these)
- I question whether my current program of studies is right for me.
- I need to develop better time management, study and organizational skills.
- I tend to procrastinate and did not study enough.
- I tend to panic when writing exams or making presentations.