For Information on Vehicle Rental or use of a Personal Vehicle for University related activity: see this page
McGill Emergency Travel Health Insurance - for McGillians covered by McGill Supplemental Health Plan
- The McGill Emergency Travel Assistance Plan provides emergency medical coverage for all McGillians covered under the McGill Supplemental Health Plan when travelling outside of Quebec on University-related activities (including sabbatical leave)
- To obtain coverage, your provincial government health insurance (RAMQ) must be valid
Before you leave
Gather all of your health insurance information
- Record all important medical contact numbers and health insurance policy information.
- Inform yourself about the health insurance procedures to follow when seeking medical attention abroad.
- Print or download your Manulife Healthcare Card and familiarize yourself with your coverage. You can find your card on the Manulife Plan Member Secure Site. Sign in, navigate to "Quick Links" and choose "Benefits Card". It should look like this, serves as your official health care card, and can be presented to any medical service provider.
- Review your destination’s specific health and security information on the Government of Canada travel advisory site, as well as listings of the government's emergency services for citizens.
- If you incur a health-related expense during your trip, you will need to provide to this information in order to be reimbursed upon your return.
Emergency Medical Expenses Related to War and Terrorism
- As an extension and supplement to the above coverage, eligible travelers are also covered for emergency medical expenses related to war and terrorism
- This coverage is provided by AIG Insurance Company of Canada (1-800-361-7211)
What to do in case of a medical emergency while traveling?
McGill Human Resources: Information about your healthcare provider