Pre-travel emergency preparedness

All McGill members – students, faculty and staff – are required to make emergency provisions before leaving on university-related travel, including, but not limited to:

  1. Ensuring appropriate travel health insurance coverage
  2. Registering trip itinerary with McGill
  3. Registering trip itinerary with their country of citizenship. This allows consular officials to send travelers important information in case of an emergency abroad.
  4. Checking to make sure their destination country is safe for travel: Government of Canada Travel Advisories

Reminder: Students are allowed to travel to Level 1 and 2 countries / regions.

           5. Students traveling abroad on a University-approved activity must also attend Pre-departure Orientation