IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION
Pre-travel emergency preparedness
All McGill members – students, faculty and staff – are required to make emergency provisions before leaving on university-related travel, including, but not limited to:
- Ensuring appropriate travel health insurance coverage
- Registering trip itinerary with McGill
- Faculty & Staff members: University Travel Registration Form for Faculty & Staff
- Students: McGill International Travel Registry (via Minerva)
- Registering trip itinerary with their country of citizenship. This allows consular officials to send travelers important information in case of an emergency abroad.
- Checking to make sure their destination country is safe for travel: Government of Canada Travel Advisories
Reminder: Students are allowed to travel to Level 1 and 2 countries / regions.
5. Students traveling abroad on a University-approved activity must also attend Pre-departure Orientation