Requesting a document or signature
The Arts Internship Office can in some cases provide students with documents that are required for internship applications, funding applications, visa or work permit applications, etc. If you require such a document, please email the following items to the aio [at] mcgill.ca (Arts Internship Office) from your McGill email address:
- Your name and ID number
- Your program/department (majors) and year (U1, U2, etc.)
- Personal Data form Personal Data Form (Fillable) [.pdf]
- McGill Unofficial Transcript
- Host organization name
- Host organization location (city and country)
- Location of the internship work (city and country)
- Name and contact information of Internship Supervisor
- Start and end date of the internship, with hours per week
- The purpose of the letter and a description of what is needed
- A description of the host organization
- A description of your internship position (role, tasks, etc.)
- An explanation of how the internship is related to your field of study in the Faculty of Arts
- Written confirmation of your internship from the host organization, including learning goals and outcomes
- Attach any supporting documents related to your request (application form, website, etc.)
The Arts Internship Office can only provide documents or signatures for current Faculty of Arts students in good standing. Please allow 1 to 2 weeks to review and process requests.
Déclaration Relative à la Participation D'un étudiant à une Activité Étudiante
The Déclaration Relative is an internship agreement between the intern, McGill, and the host organization. Students must request a Déclaration Relative from the Faculty of Arts Internship Office with at least two weeks advanced notice in order to review the request. If the request is approved, please allow up to 2 weeks for the AIO to prepare the documents. As the Déclaration Relative will only be prepared once, please be sure that all information provided to the AIO is accurate.
For the Arts Internship Office to complete a DAQéclaration Relative, the student must be registered in the Faculty of Arts at the time of the request. The student may be required to seek credit for their internship.
Please complete the Déclaration relative à la participation d'un étudiant à une activité étudiante [.pdf fillable] form and bring it in person to the Arts Internship Office (Leacock 307).
This document is issued by the academic institution in which the student is enrolled at the time of request. If you have graduated, the Arts Internship Office is unable to issue this document.
Please submit the following to the Arts Internship Office:
- Written confirmation of your internship from the host organization, including learning goals and outcomes.
- Personal Data Form (Fillable) [.pdf]
- A copy of your unofficial transcript
- Description of the host organization
- Description of the internship position (role, tasks, etc.) and remuneration (payment) if any
- Description of how the internship is directly related to your field of study in the Faculty of Arts
- A copy of yourAttestation de Responsabilité Civile coverage
Note: The information provided must be accurate. If there are any changes in the start or end date of the internship, the hours per week, the remuneration, etc., the host organization will ask for a new Convention to be drafted.
The student should make an appointment, if possible, with the Arts Internship Office to complete the Convention de Stage. The Convention must be completed in full, with all relevant information and signed by the student and the host organization before it is reviewed by the Arts Internship Office staff.