Downtown Campus Resource Centre
- How many titles can I check out?
A maximum of 2 titles may be borrowed in exchange for a valid McGill ID Card or a $20.00 deposit per item
- How long can I keep library materials?
Most materials can be borrowed up to 1 week. Some materials can only be borrowed overnight.
- Materials with the following classification numbers can only be borrowed overnight.
- 1.321 Admission Essays and Personal Statements
- 1.58 Health and Medical Sciences/Veterinary
- 3.21 Case Interviews
- It is holiday break – can I get a longer checkout period?
During holiday break, materials may be borrowed up to 2 weeks in exchange for a valid McGill ID Card AND a $20.00 deposit per item.
- How many holds can I place?
You cannot hold any items from the Centre.
- Where can I return library materials?
Materials can only be returned to the CaPS Resource Centre. They must be returned during business hours (Mon-Fri, 9am to 5pm).
Overdue, Lost or Damaged Items
- What happens if I lose or damage something I checked out?
You will need to pay for the replacement cost of items which are lost or damaged. The Centre does not accept a replacement copy or an item of equivalent value. If an item is overdue by more than 10 working days, the Centre considers it lost.
- How much are overdue fines?
The Centre does not charge for overdue fines. However, to ensure fair access to all users, failing to return materials on time will result in the blocking of your myFuture account and all the CaPS services.
- Your account can only be unblocked when all the overdue materials are fully returned. Changes to your account status can only be made on the next working day.
- Your borrowing privileges are suspended and your deposit is forfeit due to repeatedly not returning materials on time.
- Call or visit the Centre to speak with staff if you have questions or concerns about your account status.
- Certain books are reserved. Reserved books can only be used in the Centre in exchange for a valid McGill ID card.
- Students have access to two computers with the Internet, Adobe Acrobat Reader, and Microsoft Office Suite. You also have access to an uPrint printer.