The purpose of the initiative is to share inspiring stories/experiences of working McGill students through candid portraits and accompanying mini-narratives about on-campus work, part-time or casual jobs, internships and/or full-time positions. These stories are meant to highlight the successes, challenges, discoveries and insights of those working while studying at McGill (concept based on Brandon Stanton’s Humans of NY photo-blog).
If you would like to participate in this initiative, please submit a portrait style photo, along with a meaningful caption/story (100-150 max.) We ask that all photos that are submitted are filter-free and completely unretouched. If you prefer to not be identifiable, you can exclude your face from the photo. Feel free to be inspired by the following reflection questions!
- What do you like most about your job?
- How do you balance school, work and life?
- What has been the most rewarding part of your job?
- What have you discovered about yourself through this process?
- What has been your biggest accomplishment/challenge in this position and what have you learned through the process?
- What advice would you give to a student who is looking for work or wants to gain experience?
Thank you for your enthusiasm! Follow us on Instagram @WorkingHumansOfMcGill