The Academic Affairs Administrator supports the Administration Excellence Centre and is responsible for the management of the academic administrative related activities for the departments supported by the AEC. Acts as a resource person for Chairs, faculty members and administrators on policies, procedures and a variety of issues in the academic faculty lifecycle such as recruitment and selection, immigration, tenure and promotion, sabbaticals, leaves and retirement.
- Informs departmental Chairs and academic/administrative staff with respect to academic policies and procedures governing recruitment and selection process, immigration, academic appointments, academic salary administration, leaves, termination and retirement.
- Ensures consistency, equity and compliance across the AEC
- Runs the administrative aspects of academic search committees, ensuring compliance with the Faculty and University policies and procedures.
- Composes letters of offer for academic appointments and reappointments, ensuring that all Faculty and University policies, procedures and collective agreement are respected Manages the administrative aspects of the department-level tenure and academic promotion process including liaising with departmental Chairs and administrative staff, candidates and the Faculty of Medicine’s Academic Affairs Office.
- Maintains systems to track tenure and promotion information, organize mid-point review for tenure track members.
- Ensures cohorts are aware of their responsibilities and follow through on them Participates in the administration of the annual academic performance evaluation exercise and academic salary policy
- Provides administrative support to the Chair to ensure that sabbatical leave applications are accurate, complete and submitted on time to the Vice-Dean’s Office
- Evaluates job descriptions for Research Associates and Academic Associates.
- Provide guidance on the posting and selection process. Ensure compliance with the appropriate collective agreement and Faculty norms.
- Processes salaries and stipends according to Faculty and University policies. Fosters and maintains excellent working relationships with stakeholders.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now
Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
The deadline to apply for this position is February 21, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Medicine will only contact applicants selected for an interview.