Reporting to the Academic Affairs Officer (AAO), the incumbent will be providing administrative support for the academic functions of the Faculty. The candidate will assist in the academic recruitment process. This includes the tenure-track, full-time and part-time contract academic staff (CAS) hires, as well as unionized course lecturers. The position is part of a team that contributes to the smooth and efficient operations in support of the academic activities of the Faculty.
- Assist the AAO in the lifecycle of the academic recruitment process, creating new files, drafting letters of offers for appointments and re-appointments.
- Act as Secretary to some Faculty-level committees. Take minutes of meetings.
- Provide support in managing the Faculty Voting process.
- Liaise with the Faculty Administrative Coordinators to ensure that the Faculty abides by the policies and procedures related to academic recruitment, i.e. advertising, and maintaining the appropriate data to respect the immigration and employment equity requirements.
- Manage the process for hiring course lecturers under the McGill Course Lecturers and Instructors Union (MCLIU) bargaining unit; posting available courses, preparing contracts, and maintaining list of priority points.
- Participate in the academic salary policy process by providing assistance in the management and tracking of annual report submissions.
- Compile statistics and generate reports.
- Other related duties may involve assisting in the set-up of special events or meetings. Provide back-up to the Assistant to the Dean, and to the Administrative Coordinator (Excluded)
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Desautels Faculty of Management:
McGill University, Desautels Faculty of Management, Area Personnel Office
1001 Sherbrooke Street West (Samuel Bronfman Building), room 454
hr.mgmt [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is August 26, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Desautels Faculty of Management will only contact applicants selected for an interview.