- Acts as resource person regarding academic and administrative policies and procedures. Resolves problems within area of responsibility. Consults relevant documentation and liaises with appropriate internal and external resource persons to obtain and provide information on diverse and complex issues.
- Participates in ensuring the smooth functioning of the unit. Collects and presents factual information relating to area of responsibility, and recommends procedural changes to improve the effective functioning of the unit. Collaborates with supervisor and other staff in establishing work priorities. Follows-up on and ensures appropriate implementation of decisions made by supervisor.
- Receives and provides detailed information and explanations to students. Controls enrollment in courses. Participates in the organization of admissions and registration. Prepares, examines and verifies admissions and registration files related to courses and programs. Completes and approves forms concerning course or program changes, interdepartmental or inter-university registration, and residency and internship programs.
- Advises students in relation to their files. Resolves problems. Ensures the application of academic regulations and deadlines. According to the needs of the unit, prepares residency rotation and other student activity schedules, contacting the necessary officials to coordinate and verify placement.
- Compiles information, verifies and updates timetables and calendar entries. Coordinates submission to central scheduling system and acts as a contact person for the unit. Maintains a current file of courses, calendars, programs, students and graduates.
- Organizes specific operations with regard to the start of the semester, loan applications, course and residency evaluation, and exam scheduling and invigilation. Prepares timetables and schedules room bookings for unit. Prepares schedules and books exams for unit.
- Schedules meetings, contacts participants and books meeting rooms. Assists with preparation of agenda. Attends meetings, takes minutes, and follows up on decisions within area of responsibility.
- Coordinates arrangements for events such as symposia and conferences. Makes travel arrangements.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks, which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
DEP (Secretarial/Office Systems)
Four (4) years' related experience
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now
Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
The deadline to apply for this position is December 18, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Medicine will only contact applicants selected for an interview.