The Administrative Assistant provides support to activities related to the general administration of the Faculty including, but not limited to: academic personnel, events buildings and space. Acts as point person and main liaison for all Faculty-wide events.
- Assist with and organizes activities to support the daily operations and workflow of the Dean’s Office.
- Assist the Faculty Administrator with academic personnel related matters. Follow up with Academic Personnel to resolve any issues related to academic personnel. Ensure that academic appointments initiated by areas are in accordance with University regulations and guidelines.
- Directly supervise support staff in the Dean’s Office, including casuals. Assist with support staff onboarding and training.
- Assist with Faculty Space Management. Assign space and furniture to third parties wishing to organize events (conferences, summer camps) on the Faculty of Education premises.
- Organize internal alumni related events such as the Awards and Scholarships Reception, the Convocation receptions and the Education University Advancement table at the annual Student Welcome Barbeque.
- Assist with the organization of large external Faculty events, meetings and receptions at the CSSE and AERA conferences in Canada and the US.
- Organize staff events such as the Welcome Breakfast for New Academics, Staff Appreciation Lunch, Faculty Holiday Party, Open House, other events/receptions.
- Select external suppliers for events and catering and ensure costs are within established guidelines and budget. Prepare and administer budget related to events.
- Plan meetings, prepare agendas and record minutes.
- Assist the Faculty Administrator with the management of the Faculty’s electronic and shared filing/folder system. Assist with all IT support requests for shared folders and drives
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to the Faculty of Education at staffing.education [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is December 13, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Education will only contact applicants selected for an interview.