Reporting directly to the Director of Administration of the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University's Outaouais Campus, the Administrative Officer is assigned to the Outaouais Campus. He/she addresses the teaching and administrative needs in keeping with the Campus goals and objectives, while ensuring consistency with the University’s mission and culture. He/she also acts as a liaison between the Faculty of Medicine in Montreal and the Outaouais Campus.
- Designs and implements operating methods and procedures at the Outaouais Campus in accordance with McGill University’s rules and policies.
- Handles and analyzes financial and confidential data.
- Plans and manages the physical resources of the campus (furniture, office supplies, medical supplies for the simulation centre, training classes, conference rooms and teaching materials) ensuring compliance with academic and government regulations, as well as compliance with the agreement between the University and the Outaouais Integrated Health and Social Services Centre (CISSS).
- Is involved in budget planning and recommends budget allocations, prepares and submits operating and other budgets.
- Determines the staffing requirements for the Outaouais Campus.
- Works with the Human Resources Department of the Faculty of Medicine for recruiting aspects and labour relations, and with the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Trains new employees on the policies, procedures and systems used.
- Supervises the campus staff, i.e. technicians, administrative staff, student affairs coordinators, etc. Supports general administration activities such as finances, human resources, communications, student affairs, physical resources, archives, governance and legal affairs.
- Coordinates with colleagues (across hierarchy levels laterally and vertically) on establishing a work team for providing and maintaining a high level of administrative support to optimize university education and clinical exposure (pre-clinical internships, clinics and Simulation Centre at the Outaouais Campus).
- Analyzes, prioritizes and responds to requests for information.
- Provides support at meetings, events, conferences, symposiums, mini-conferences.
- Develops, implements and maintains the filing systems (electronic and physical documents).
- Evaluates and manages the administrative requirements in terms of information technologies as well as matters pertaining to the space inventory and the buildings.
- Supports the members of the McGill Community at the Outaouais Campus, students, clinician-teachers and staff in carrying out and fulfilling their mandates and projects. Example: promotion with academic appointments.
- Attends meetings, makes recommendations and proposes solutions to problems.
- Coordinates liaison with the Faculty’s internal units and external players.
- Promotes collaboration among all parties involved (academic, administrative, university and Outaouais CISSS staff).
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now
Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
The deadline to apply for this position is August 26, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Medicine will only contact applicants selected for an interview.