Reporting directly to the Director of Administration of the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University's Campus Outaouais, the Administrative Officer of Operations is assigned to the Campus Outaouais. The incumbent addresses the teaching and administrative needs in keeping with the Campus goals and objectives, while ensuring consistency with the University’s mission and culture. The incumbent also acts as a liaison between the Faculty of Medicine in Montreal and the Campus Outaouais.
- Oversees administration processes
- Manages administrative activities of the unit ensuring that the quality of the work the procedures and processes of the office serve the Faculty and the University community appropriately.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and smooth functioning of the administrative operations.
- Streamlines and standardizes all aspects of Operations.
Supervision – HR
- Supervises a team
- Monitors work performance of administrative staff.
- Distributes work in accordance with the Campus’s priorities and objectives.
- Conducts, performs and oversees staffing and hiring activities of clerical and student casuals.
- Supervises support staff and ensures an effective working environment.
- Plans, schedules and directs workload, and monitors performance and unit objectives.
- Review issues and provides advice and solutions to problems.
- Meets on a regular basis with the Agent Administrative teams to ensure consistency, equity and compliance are being met.
- Identifies and participates in continuous improvement initiatives to maximize unit’s effectiveness.
- Advises and makes recommendations to the Director of Administration and Vice-Dean and Director at Campus Outaouais on HR related issues (policies, performance, benefits, training).
- Provides a liaison function between the Direction, the Agent Administrative’s team and the Administrator’s team. Performs needs analyses and identifies appropriate training for the Administrator staff.
- Support the Director of Administration and the Vice-Dean and Director in the preparation of business cases, policies and procedures. Make recommendation on with regards to organizational structure and resources requirement (staffing, space and budget).
- Sets agenda for meeting.
- Attends meetings, takes minutes.
- Manages the calendar of the Director of Administration and the Vice-Dean and Director.
- Plans and reviews outgoing communication with all faculty members at the University and Hospital settings on behalf of the Director of Administration or Vice-Dean and Director.
- Responsible for the preparation of various reports and analysis.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now
Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
The deadline to apply for this position is September 19, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Medicine will only contact applicants selected for an interview.