Reporting to the Associate Director Internal Audit, the Internal Auditor works within the Internal Audit department, which serves as an independent advisor assisting the Board of Governors and the Senior Administration of the University to improve the University’s operations by applying a systematic, disciplined approach to the evaluation of risk management and control processes. Performs audit activities to support the mandate of the unit by carrying out internal audit mandates within the established methodologies and unit guidelines. Assist with the facilitation of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Program.
- Perform tasks relating to all phases of internal audit projects (i.e. planning, execution and reporting). Uses professional judgement to prioritize activities and plans, organizes and executes assignments and projects in accordance with audit approach and risk based methodology.
- Participates in the development and implementation of methodologies, policies, programs and system that support the unit’s operations.
- Appraises adequacy of internal control systems by performing risk-based testing procedures and uses professional judgment in determining extent of analysis to be performed.
- Makes recommendations concerning improvement of processes and remediation of identified internal control deficiencies.
- Contributes to the preparation of the draft and final internal audit report that is distributed to the Senior Administration and the Audit Committee.
- Participates in special assignments/examinations, including safe disclosure investigations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Three (3) years' related experience
Five (5) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Staffing:
McGill University, Human Resources (Staffing)
688 Sherbrooke Street West, suite 1520
apply.hr [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is December 5, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Staffing will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
The masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.