Provide financial and accounting services centrally, or in a faculty/department/unit, to support the recording and reporting of the University's financial position. Develop and implement financial, accounting, audit, investment, risk, and procurement strategies. Provide financial information and analysis, evaluate business and financial implications of investment proposals, implement and monitor financial and accounting policies and procedures, develop and implement financial controls, process and monitor financial transactions. Audit various operations of the University. Invest University's endowment trust, pension funds or other funds. Manage insurance claims and risk practices. Ensure effective procurement strategies and provide procurement services to the University community.
- Maintains and controls the Faculty's annual operating budget; research grants and endowed funds
- Advises the Dean, his leadership team on strategic resource planning for the various programs in the Faculty
- Advises and supports implementation of departments', Schools' and units' important finance decisions and budgets (including yearly budgets)
- Supervises and advises management and clerical employees in the Faculty Finance Office on complex finance issues
- Develops and implements multiyear budgets for the Faculty
- Prepares proposals to secure additional funding for the Faculty's new initiatives
- Implements all Faculty financial processes and controls (financial reporting, variance analysis, budgeting, forecasting, auditing, payroll, contract payments, overtime, and expense determinations)
- Represents the Faculty's interests among different stakeholders within the University; namely Financial Services, Office of the Provost, Academic Management Office, University Advancement and Graduate & Post-Doctoral Studies
- Works closely with Faculty units such as HR, McGill Engineering Student Centre, and University Advancement to advise and improve financial processes
Five (5) years' related experience
Please submit your electronic application via the web at https://www.hreng.mcgill.ca/applicant click on "Application Form" and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter as one document.
The deadline to apply for this position is December 13, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Engineering will only contact applicants selected for an interview.