Reporting to the Managing Editor, the Associate Managing Editor’s responsibilities will include managing contracts with freelance editors for MQUP manuscripts, coordinating the copy-editing process, liaising with authors and the Press’s production team during the book production phase, and assisting in the preparation of e-books within the Press’s workflow resulting in simultaneous production of POD, PDF, and ePub digital formats. Additionally, the incumbent will ensure that projects stay on track to meet their projected in-stock dates, guide copy-editors and authors in the early stages of tagging manuscripts for production, and may be called upon to copy-edit small in-house projects demanding immediate attention.
- Provide editorial, production, design, acquisition, promotion, and marketing services required for publications of the highest quality, to raise the University's visibility and maximize revenues, and in support of the University's overall mission and culture.
- Perform and/or organize publications activities in support of the daily operations of a faculty/department/unit, in accordance with established goals and objectives.
- Maintain good rapport with staff within the faculty/department/unit and the University community.
- Establish and foster effective working relationships by identifying needs and providing support in the delivery of publications' services.
- Implement administrative procedures or systems that are moderately complex in support of the faculty/department/unit's operations and to ensure that publications meet or exceed established quality requirements.
- Act as advisor to clients with respect to the preparation of publications.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Staffing:
McGill University, Human Resources (Staffing)
688 Sherbrooke Street West, suite 1520
apply.hr [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is January 24, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Staffing will only contact applicants selected for an interview.