Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, the incumbent may perform some of all of the listed tasks with minimal complexity and precise instruction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Positive attitude while greeting and answering general inquiries. This includes directing calls; provide policies and procedures as well as providing locational directions.
- Collects and enters data into established databases.
- Receives, sends and sorts mail, parcels and various forms.
- Schedules appointments and meetings when required. Books rooms through established system.
- Performs basic word processing functions such as, document formatting, labelling, spellcheck, mail merge, drafting letters from template.
- Verifies student ID, status and forms that may be submitted.
- Document preparation of forms, exams, marketing materials and emails. Such preparation may include sorting, collating, filing, scanning, photocopying and shredding.
- Distribution and tracking of items, such as instruments (musical, scientific) documents, books, equipment. A log to track these items may be required.
- Provide general assistance at events such as auditions, training sessions, open house.
- Using establish scripts, contact external and internal individuals regarding donations or program promotion.
- Maintain immediate work area in a clean and orderly fashion
- The above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma with minimal or no experience.
Other Qualifying Skills and Abilities:
Comfortable with PDF conversions. Capable of using AX, D2, WebTop, MINERVA, and Banner. Familiarity with POR process and documents. Familiarity with McGill and Exchange transcripts from international universities. Using D2, monitor documents update for the auditors, faculties, and departments. Familiarity with electronic documents and tools such as SnagIt. Must respect confidentiality and personal information. Fluent in French and English. Create and manage files in Excel for 4 audit modules.
Full time availability including overtime and Summer Fridays.
We are looking to hire two (2) Audit Clerks.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and curriculum vitae, in confidence, to the attention of Hélène Fyfe, Human Resources Advisor, Enrolment Services, via email at hr.es [at] mcgill.ca.
The deadline to apply for this position is May 29, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Enrolment Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
The masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.
In order to maintain internal priority, McGill employees must apply within the delays specified in the MUNACA collective agreement for positions covered by the collective agreement or according to the personnel policies for positions covered by the personnel policies.
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, accessibilityrequest.hr [at] mcgill.ca or 514-398-3711.