Reporting to the Manager Benefits, the incumbent is responsible for the effective delivery of HR services in the areas of benefits. Through the application of best practices, will manage the different benefit programs offered by the university and will promote them. The incumbent acts as an advisor to the University community with respect to the application and interpretation of policies, procedures and best practices. Works in close collaboration with Health & Well Being Advisor and provides back up and support for health and well being program and initiatives offered by the university. Performs related duties.
- Ensure that benefit plans and leave policies are administered in accordance with the University contracts, collective agreements, policies, and with the applicable laws and regulations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and new initiatives that support the strategic direction of HR.
- Support the Service Center when there are changes to the benefit plans or processes, and provide training as needed.
- Provide professional expertise and advice to the Service Center, Human Resources Advisors and Managers on how to handle special cases, while working with service providers.
- Promote benefit plans by preparing various communications to inform employees and delivering presentations.
- Responsible for the exchange of information with suppliers.
- Participate in committees across the University where there might be an impact on benefits.
- In charge of the preparation of the annual benefits statements provided to all members.
- Oversee any changes needed to the HR systems and website
- Work in close collaboration with Health & Well Being Advisor and provide back up and support for health and well being program and initiatives offered by the university
- Support the Manager Benefits in all special projects.
- Participate in the review and documentation of procedures.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Staffing:
McGill University, Human Resources (Staffing)
688 Sherbrooke Street West, suite 1520
apply.hr [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is January 24, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Staffing will only contact applicants selected for an interview.