Duties and Responsibilities:
- Iteratively write code to incorporate new concepts and test new designs;
- Focus on user experience, intuitive interfaces and interaction layers to create user friendly web pages and applications;
- Ensure implementation is done using the best coding practices, including proper code commenting, unit testing, etc.;
- Develop server-side applications and scripts, such as data quality control pipelines;
- Contribute in the technological research and the prototyping;
- Make proper use of a revision control system such as BitBucket with Git;
- Setup and maintain automation tools for testing, continuous integration & delivery such as Selenium and Jenkins;
- Optimize code when needed while making use of good software practices;
- Make use of an issue tracking system to document tasks, issues and bugs, and their resolution status;
- Ensure that all finished solutions work within a variety of browser types and screen settings along with the constraints set by development and design;
- Ensure that all Internet standards are met and that the company does not intentionally violate any standards or licenses that would place our domain in jeopardy.
Education and Experience:
Three (3) years’ related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and Abilities:
Testing will be administered.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now
Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
The deadline to apply for this position is July 14, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Medicine will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
The masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.
In order to maintain internal priority, McGill employees must apply within the delays specified in the MUNACA collective agreement for positions covered by the collective agreement or according to the personnel policies for positions covered by the personnel policies.
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, accessibilityrequest.hr [at] mcgill.ca or 514-398-3711.