Responsible for identifying the business needs of clients and stakeholders in order to help determine IT-solutions to business problems.
- Elicit, analyze, validate and document business, organizational and/or operational requirements.
- Translate business requirements into a conceptual system design (including but not limited to business requirements document high-level use cases, UI prototypes (screen mockups); work closely with systems analysts and solution architects for the delivery of IT-solutions.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Contribute to the preparation of communication plans between clients/stakeholders and IT from project inception to final implementation
- Understand business processes in order to recommend ways to automate them and their related activities.
- Proactively support the Design and Construction and Implementation phases by reviewing design documents and ensuring requirements are met; reviewing test strategy, test plans and test cases to ensure requirements are met; supporting QA and testing team; reviewing defects and working with client to determine the priority of fix and/or manual work around
- Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to maximize the benefit of IT system investments and to assist in implementing new business process solutions.
- As part of requirements elicitation activity, serve as a liaison between the business units and the IT teams
- Remain current with trends and topics related to Business Analysis.
Five (5) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to IT Services:
McGill University, HR IT Services
688 Sherbrooke Street West, 16th floor
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, IT Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.