Under the direction of the Director Administration, the Business Process Manager will oversee high-level integration across all Facilities Management and Ancillary Services units, Financial Services and Planning and Institutional Analysis by maintaining consistency across departments and business processes as they relate to the new Facilities and Space Enterprise Management System (FAMIS Software).
- Oversee high-level integration across all Facilities Management and Ancillary Services units, Financial Services and Planning and Institutional Analysis and other units when applicable by maintaining consistency across departments and business processes as they relate to the systems used by Facilities and also shared with other units.
- Manages and troubleshoots the computer systems used by Facilities Management and Ancillary Services for document management and for managing space, operations, projects, deferred maintenance and key control.
- Provide tier one support for user-reported errors, including troubleshooting of purchasing-related errors.
- Manage, plan and schedule system upgrades, improvements and modifications with departments and personnel across all concerned areas.
- Manage on-going training. Update policies, procedures and business processes as they relate to the new system.
- Provide training to new employees, including updates to documentation as business processes change.
- Responsible in creating new user accounts and assigning security privileges. Configuring permissions and software settings, and working with IT units to ensure satisfactory performance and reliability of the systems.
- Use professional expertise and specialized skills to update policies, procedures and business processes as they relate to the systems.
- Identify and recommend any new reporting requirements and work with ISR to develop those reports.
- Analyze system enhancements and new modules released by the system service providers (FAMIS software) and make recommendation to the stakeholders.
- Act when needed as the second tier for the ICS Help Desk and answer end-user questions.
- Act as the liaison between the end-users, the stakeholders, the IT units and the system service providers.
- Attend the system service providers’ annual conferences.
- Participate at meetings, make recommendations and provide solutions to inefficiencies in work processes that affect Facilities Management and Ancillary Services.
- Liaise with the Shared Data Committee in regards to ad-hoc data exports.
- Supervise and evaluate progress of assignments and results.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Facilities Management and Ancillary Services:
McGill University, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services (HR), Area Personnel Office
1010 Sherbrooke Street West, 10th floor
fmas.hr [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is June 1, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
The masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.