Reporting to the Director, Administration & Finance, the Clinic Manager manages the University unit both efficiently and effectively, in support of teaching, research and administration and in accordance with the unit's goals and objectives. This includes planning, development and implementation of all administrative processes and supporting policies for the unit; development of standards, practices and systems and acting as a liaison with other University units and external organizations. Provides leadership, professional advice and guidance as well as administrative support for senior administration. Develops, implements and monitors archives and records management services. Ensures comprehensive, integrated record keeping, proper management of contracts, grants and other formal relationships; respect of University regulations, policies and guidelines; translation services; maintenance of governing bodies and committees, and protection of University symbols.
- Manages the operations and day-to-day financial transactions of multiple dental clinics: Undergraduate Teaching Clinic, Simulation Lab and the Student and Staff Health Clinic.
- Supervises multiple dental assistants, dental hygienists, sterilization technicians and clerical positions.
- Is the liaison person between the academic teaching staff, the infection control unit and the faculty for the Dental Clinics that supervise our students.
- Manages all payroll procedures and pops payment and ensuring exercise of all budgetary controls for all the clinics.
- Ensures that all clinics meet the standards of the Ordre des Dentistes du Quebec. (ODQ). Produces financial reports and statistical reports on clinical productivity and plans and develops the budgets for the clinics and their 5-year forecasts.
- Manages the patient treatment plans as well as student problems with patients and instructors.
- In conjunction with the Associate Dean, Clinical Affairs, develops and implements guidelines for the student-patient management, charting and treatment reporting, Clinical administrative procedures, financial management of their patients and interface to AbelDent database.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to the Faculty of Dentistry at hr.dentistry [at] mcgill.ca.
The deadline to apply for this position is August 26, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.* We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Dentistry will only contact applicants selected for an interview.