Implement communication strategies to support the activities related to the Faculty of Dentistry. Write, edit and produce brochures, posters and advertisements. Administer the logistics for courses, conferences, symposia, workshops, WebCT courses and other activities. Find solutions to increase communication within the faculty to ensure that the community services are met and developed. Build relationships within the faculty and with alumni, external organizations and communities of interest. Participate in special projects.
- Provide support for and develop the communications portfolio for the faculty.
- Carry-out an internal and external communication strategy for the faculty; respond to media requests as necessary
- Advise Dean on his communications both internally and externally
- Draft speeches for the Dean and other members of the Faculty (including student leaders)
- Assist Dean and other members of the Faculty with the creation of presentations as necessary
- Act as communication representative for the Faculty and liaise with external partners (general public, Professional Orders and other McGill Faculties)
- Undertake video, audio and graphic design tasks when necessary
- Liaise with Faculty members, gather content, prepare, write and edit bi-monthly faculty e-newsletter (e-flash) in collaboration with the faculty’s webmaster (while maintaining current above industry open rate) + provide reports on analytics of e-newsletter
- Work with University Media Relations Office to increase Faculty’s media coverage and keep MRO informed of all happenings in Faculty
- Work with University Advancement Communication Unit on various Alumni communications for Faculty events as necessary
- Work closely with the Faculty Advancement team on various events and communications
- In collaboration with the Faculty’s webmaster, update the Faculty’s website regarding news and happenings in a timely manner
- Manage and produce content for faculty’s Twitter account
- Manage and produce content for faculty’s Facebook account
- Present reports at Executive Committee and Faculty Council meetings
Three (3) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
Demonstrated ability to multitask; excellent organizational skills. Attention to detail. Proven experience to deal with customers at different levels. Resourcefulness and being self-directed; proven knowledge of website management. Very strong strategic and analytical skills. English and French, spoken and written.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to the Faculty of Dentistry at hr.dentistry [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is December 20, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Dentistry will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, Professor Angela Campbell, Associate Provost (Equity and Academic Policies) at angela.campbell [at] mcgill.ca or 514-398-1660.