Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Administration of the Department of Family Medicine, with secondary reporting to the Director, Communications (Faculty of Medicine), the Communication Associate develops and provides bilingual communication services for the Department of Family Medicine consistent with its mission and objectives.
- Apply and create communications strategies using social media and implement community awareness campaigns targeted to the McGill community and beyond for the Department of Family Medicine and its programs in a manner that is consistent with the University and Faculty missions and communication priorities. Will work closely with the Chair, Associate Director of Administration and program and unit directors to develop content to effectively promote the Department’s reputation of excellence in Quebec, Canada and internationally, as well as to stimulate pride and information-sharing internally.
- Maintain and develop the Department website and channels (news and events), as well as social media, liaising with management and administrators to continue evolving these platforms and to develop content, written, visual or other.
- Creates and develops content for both external and internal audiences, ensuring it is aligned with Faculty and University objectives, for distribution in various documents, posters, reports, newsletters, brochures and other communication materials.
- Liaises with the Faculty’s Office of Communications in the development and assessment of communication and marketing strategies and objectives to ensure coherence, to exchange on priorities, to promote the Department in both Faculty and University and external media, and to identify other opportunities to optimize visibility for the Department.
- Responsible for the organization and communication of events (such as annual retreats, distinguished lecture series, etc.) or fundraising for Family Medicine programs, prepares and administers budgets related to events, and analyzes data from the events, gathering statistics on interests and attendance.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now
Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
The deadline to apply for this position is December 5, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Medicine will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
The masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.