Promote and present a consistent image of McGill as a major institution of international caliber. Develop and implement communication services consistent with the University's mission and objectives, including news, public relations, social media, translation, graphic design, audiovisual, photography, web and multimedia. Promote strong relationships with volunteers, students, employees, external organizations and communities of interest. Organize conferences, symposia, workshops, campaigns and fundraising events. Publish brochures and newsletters. Create and maintain digital communications platforms (web and social media).
- Consult and collaborate with Macdonald Campus and Student Services’ stakeholders to implement Student Services’ communications strategy on the Macdonald Campus
- Identify needs, interests and areas of concern for the Macdonald Campus student population.
- Plan and organize room bookings, events and logistics for Student Services’ sub-units;
- Administer Student Services’ web and social media content related to Macdonald Campus,
- Provide writing, editing, production, design, acquisition, promotional and marketing support for the activities of Student Services Communications and Student Services’ sub-units as required;
- In collaboration with the Healthy Living Annex, recruit, train and supervise peer-health educators on the Macdonald Campus. Act as a resource person for peers, other staff, clubs and services on the Macdonald Campus.
- Oversee the implementation of a part-time AskMcGill kiosk at Macdonald Campus;
- Liaise with the Customer Service Coordinator to ensure that student staff training at Macdonald Campus is aligned with the downtown campus;
- Review web content (ensure accuracy and relevance of topics) and design. Write and edit articles and/or promotional material, as required;
- Maintain good rapport with staff within all units and the University community. Establish and foster effective working relationships with student groups and other units at Macdonald Campus.
- Identify any gaps or problems arising from Student Services’ communications activities on Macdonald Campus and report them the Associate Director;
- Identify programs and services that are currently offered on the Macdonald Campus. Ensure programs and services are offered to all levels of students. Identify and/or explore potential additions to programs currently offered. Assess whether these programs meet the needs of the students. Propose changes to the current programs.
- Develop a plan to reduce disparities in risk factors and access to services and strengthen the response to the needs of ‘at-risk’ populations.
- Administer and participate in special projects, as assigned.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Student Services at staffing.s2 [at] mcgill.ca.
The deadline to apply for this position is September 19, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Student Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.