Reporting to the Associate Director (UGME), this position is responsible for the activities of a team of administrators supporting the delivery of the undergraduate medical curriculum. The Officer develops and implements procedures and controls to enhance the team’s operations and provides administrative direction regarding their goals and objectives. Analyses problems, determines course of action, and provides advice to team members on problem resolution. Participates in the implementation of new initiatives that support the strategic direction of the Medical Education Services unit.
- Supervise administrative and support staff and oversee the daily administrative operations handled by the curriculum team. Develop and implement procedures and controls.
- Participate in the recruitment of administrative and support staff in area of direct supervision, including evaluating needs and interviewing.
- Provide training and advice to the curriculum team administrative and support staff on topics related to their positions and on best practices relating to Undergraduate Medical Education (UGME) policies and procedures.
- Plan, schedule and direct the work of administrative and support staff in accordance with UGME’s goals and objectives and monitors performance. Assess and provide feedback on performance. Manage performance issues in collaboration with the Associate Director.
- Review, update, and develop internal policies and procedures in regards to the curriculum as well as publications (e.g., University calendar), forms, reference guides, and supporting materials (e.g., the UGME website).
- Oversee the planning and execution of certain UGME-related events.
- Contribute to the strategic direction for the administration of Medical Education.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now
Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
The deadline to apply for this position is January 24, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Medicine will only contact applicants selected for an interview.