Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, participates in the customer service and merchandising activities of the unit. Answers inquiries and provides information regarding the unit's products and services. Participates in maintaining an area of the sales floor. Completes order forms and invoices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to customer inquiries to provide information on unit’s products and services. Assists customers in locating and ordering the unit's products.
- Completes order forms and requisitions. Consults documentation to verify order information. Follows up on orders. Liaises with suppliers and communicates with clients concerning the status of outstanding orders.
- Prepares invoices and follows up on related queries. Processes credit card sales for telephone or mail orders.
- Participates in maintaining an area of the sales floor. Orders and restocks merchandise.
- Assists in preparing promotional displays.
- Verifies prices, codes and condition of merchandise, and makes adjustments. Processes warranty claims concerning external repairs.
- Participates in taking inventory. Removes and prepares stock for return to supplier.
- Maintains a filing system appropriate to the activities of the unit, including inventory and customer database.
- Assists in training of others.
- Uses equipment such as a computer terminal printer, telephone, calculator, microfiche. photocopier, fax machine and other office equipment.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
Education and Experience:
DEP (Secretarial/Office Systems)
One (1) year related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines Must be client-focused and service-oriented. Able to deal effectively with customer requests, inquiries and complaints. Telephone skills and an ability to transmit and receive information accurately. Accuracy, attention to detail. Ability to process and reconcile credit cards Demonstrated ability to work in a PC environment using wordprocessing, spreadsheets and database packages. English and French, spoken and written.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Facilities Management and Ancillary Services:
McGill University, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services (HR), Area Personnel Office
1010 Sherbrooke Street West, 10th floor
fmas.hr [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is December 18, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, Professor Angela Campbell, Associate Provost (Equity and Academic Policies) at angela.campbell [at] mcgill.ca or 514-398-1660.