Administer, analyze, and provide a variety of services, facilitation, troubleshooting and help desk support to the University and Affiliated Research Institutes’ user community. Administer and update research protocol data, including training data and dictionary lists. Produce reports or draft specifications for IT-generated reports. Provide consultation regarding the Ethics and Compliance Unit software platform for research protocols and animal facility management. Administer, create and update access credentials for faculty, students, externals and employees. Create and maintain user documentation and instructional materials, help screens, FAQs, standard operating procedures and knowledge base articles. Participate in updates and major upgrade projects, developing testing scenarios and performing testing, in collaboration with Enterprise Applications Services, Ethics and Compliance Unit’s teams, the Office of Sponsored Research and the user community.
- Administer services to users of the University community, including students, staff and faculty, on a variety of IT requests related to system access, software issues, dictionary list additions, updates and upgrades, testing, maintenance downtime, or other questions or issues.
- Research problems or new issues, troubleshoot and resolve according to IT procedures and processes. Liaison with the user community, McGill IT Support, Enterprise Application Services (EAS), vendor IT support, the Ethics and Compliance Unit, the Office of Sponsored Research, Committees and Animal Facility employees.
- Perform a variety of IT customer services tasks including fixing issues under the incumbent’s control, reporting issues to IT support, EAS or the vendor, in accordance with established IT procedures. Liaison between the EAS and the user community regarding scheduled and unscheduled maintenance shutdowns.
- Administer, create and update database access credentials for faculty, students, externals and employees. Create McGill IDs for external where appropriate in accordance with HR policies and procedures.
- Administer and update data, including training data and data dictionaries. Produce reports or draft specifications for IT-generated reports.
- Participate in software updates and upgrades. Develop test plans, execute test case scenarios in accordance with IT procedures. Work in collaboration with Enterprise Applications Services, Ethics and Compliance Unit’s teams, the Office of Sponsored Research and the user community (including Committees, Researchers and Animal Facility Staff). Escalate highly complex cases to the next level specialists.
- Provide training support on software functionality. Create and maintain user documentation and instructional materials, help screens, FAQs, standard operating procedures and knowledge base articles as per established standards and practices. Post on the appropriate web sites.
- Respond to users regarding a variety of requests for assistance and training. Perform scheduling and registration for IT workshops and seminars and create master schedule.
- Establish and foster effective working relationships by identifying needs and providing support in the delivery of services. Assess and resolve problems. When appropriate, inform supervisor and formulate recommendations.
- Implement administrative procedures or systems that are moderately complex in support of the Ethics and Compliance Unit’s operations and ensure activities meet or exceed established quality requirements. Provide local data management solutions for areas not currently covered by the software platform (e.g. Quality Assistance).
- Document all processes and standard operating procedures to ensure backup in case of absence.
- Providing software-training presentations to users.
- Organize and/or participate in meetings.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Staffing:
McGill University, Human Resources (Staffing)
688 Sherbrooke Street West, suite 1520
apply.hr [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is October 18, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Staffing will only contact applicants selected for an interview.