Reporting to the Administrative Officer, the Data Analyst is responsible to provide support for the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of information systems policies and programs required to maximize unit effectiveness, respond to the needs of students and staff, and the University's mission of teaching and research. The Data Analyst will provide services related to business application, infrastructure and operations, customer support and information security including instructional development. The Data Analyst will develop and implement information system strategies that support the needs of the University, integrate information systems strategy and policy with the unit planning process, as well as identify and introduce methods to streamline the collection of data that is used by different members of the ISoN community.
- Design and administer surveys on various operational topics in the School with faculty, students, and administrative staff.
- Maintain shared drive permissions by: facilitating access to the Y:Drive between user and MED-IT; developing user group permissions based on requested structure; updating user group membership during on-boarding of new employees and off-boarding of previous employees. Maintains a database of human resource allocation for the School.
- Receive and respond to requests for data in support of the ISoN’s programs and accreditation requirements for internal and external partners.
- Perform in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis as needed to satisfy data reporting needs.
- Contribute to quality control of the data by identifying data capture methodologies to enhance available datasets.
- Identify opportunities to automate reports that are required more than once or build auto-refreshing dashboards for ongoing data needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to internal clients on how to structure and manipulate ready data sets to answer given questions.
- Elicit, analyze, validate and document business, organizational and/or operational requirements. Liaison between client/stakeholder and MED-IT.
- Translate business requirements into system design components (including but not limited to high-level use cases, UI prototypes (screen mock-ups); work closely with systems analysts requirements to the delivered IT-solutions and solution architects to ensure traceability of the business.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, translate high-level information into details; abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from underlying true needs.
- Communicate plans between clients/stakeholders and IT from application development to implementation.
- Participate in testing applications developed and/or in development by: reviewing design documents and ensuring requirements are met. Create test case, analyze user-reported systems issues to determine whether the fix is a priority to resolve with MED-IT, or create manual work-around.
- Train users and assist in the creation and maintenance of training materials.
- Understand data processes and identify opportunities to automate them and their related activities.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now
Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
The deadline to apply for this position is December 5, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Medicine will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
The masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.