Reporting to the Director of Administration, the Digital Marketing Administrator will analyze, supervise, manage or direct the activities related to the Faculty’s communications services with emphasis on digital media. Promote engineering research, teaching, innovations and accomplishments via digital communication, offer multimedia services including live web-streams, video conferencing, photography, audiovisual, and graphic design. In cooperation with other communication professionals in the faculty and university plan and execute communication and PR for events, develop, advise on and maintain websites in collaboration with departments, schools and centres.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use marketing and analytic research to advise on and make informed decisions on methods of digial outreach and engagement
- Assist in development and execution of Faculty of Engineering social media strategy across multiple channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) to grow Faculty’s SM presence and following, monitoring of SM interactions and continuous benchmarking to ensure Faculty SM remains relevant, engaging, and in line with Faculty and University values and priorities.
- Manages design and user experience of weekly newsletters
- Conducts research on Search Engine Optimization to grow online brand presence
- Implements strategies for lead generation and tracks user journey
- Serves as the Faculty of Engineering’s social media manager by ensuring that our social media platforms are consistently releasing relevant content to our follower base.
- Provides professional expertise and advice on a variety of communication activities and events with emphasis on digital media.
- Makes significant aesthetic and structural changes to the Faculty website and the department and school websites by implementing current and beta WMS features, using Google Analytics and advanced knowledge of HTML.
- Analyzes, researches and designs visual material, proposes and prepares communications re faculty activities aligning activities and working closely with the communication professionals in the faculty and university.
- Creates Virtual Reality tours to facilitate recruitment of students and interest in donors
- Develops and establishes an operational structure that will allow the Faculty of Engineering to effectively implement web communications to increase the Faculty profile (e.g. student recruitment, advancement of research and innovation, engagement in experiential learning and entrepreneurship, etc.)
- Serves as a primary Graphic Designer for the Faculty of Engineering by executing the promotional needs of its members in a timely manner, including creation of Flyers/Logos/Banners/TEN screen slides/Website and Social Media Advertising/Printed Promotional items/Large-Form posters/Power Point Presentations/Brand identity.
- Meets with clients to determine design requirements. Prepares work specifications, and estimate budget and delivery schedule.
- Identifies and develops communication material and packages for external stakeholders, including donors and corporations.
- Develops web-based forms, templates, e-communications, page interactions, navigation features and ensure coherence and consistency across materials and platforms.
- Develops and implements procedures, controls and record keeping systems for the unit.
Education and Experience:
Three (3) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and Abilities:
Bachelor preferred. Interest and education in Graphic Design and photography. Experience in Website Maintenance (ideally Platform Drupal), HTML, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, ideally familiar with photo and video production on digital/ social media (FB, IG); understanding of and interest in analysis of data provided by social media platforms and identifying trends. Exposure to and the interest in the creation and working on brands and thematic campaigns. Strong oral and written communication skills. Teamplayer, motivated by working with diverse students and university staff. Excellent English and solid French language skills, spoken and written.
How to Apply:
Please submit your electronic application via the web at https://www.hreng.mcgill.ca/applicant click on "Application Form" and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter as one document.
The deadline to apply for this position is August 26, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Engineering will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
McGill applicants, covered by the McGill Non-Unionized, Non-Academic Personnel Policies and Procedures, must apply to a regular M and Excluded position within ten (10) working days of the date of publication to maintain internal priority.
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, Professor Angela Campbell, Associate Provost (Equity and Academic Policies) at angela.campbell [at] mcgill.ca or 514-398-1660.