Reporting to the Doyen associé et directeur, Campus Outaouais and working in close collaboration with the Director, Administration and Operations, Medical Education and the Directeur de programme, Études médicales de 1er cycle, Campus Outaouais, the Director of Administration (CO) position has the overall responsibility for planning, leading, organizing, and directing the administrative support provided to the medical education programs of the Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, offered at the Campus Outaouais.
The Director of Administration CO will oversee strategic planning, financial management, human resources, and operational management for the Campus Outaouais. S/He is expected to function independently in directing the work of his/her staff, anticipate and resolve problems, lead the decision-making process, provide consistent leadership, and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships with all staff, faculty members, department heads, and other leaders of administration. The Director of Administration CO must have the ability to communicate and interact effectively across multiple reporting relationships and to collaborate closely with Faculty of Medicine administration, and/or affiliated hospital administration in the identification and development of best practices and standardized policies and processes. Activities will demand awareness of national and local trends, policies, and issues affecting medical education and the Campus Outaouais and willingness to collaborate at all times with Faculty of Medicine counterparts.
The Director of Administration Campus Outaouais will perform the following duties:
Provide leadership, organization, and direction in the development of the Campus Outaouais
- Assist in the strategic development and the establishment of Campus goals and of a vision aligned on those of the Faculty of Medicine;
- Manage the development of Campus business plans and programs, including writing proposals, conducting analyses, and negotiating terms of reference with respect to administration, aligned on those of the Faculty of Medicine and the University;
- Prepare studies and reports as may be requested to aid in planning and development strategies;
- Serve on Program, Campus, Faculty, University, and other committees as required;
- Perform other activities as assigned by the Doyen associé et directeur, Campus Outaouais.
Manage the operational activities of the Campus Outaouais
- Implement administrative procedures, policies and processes as defined by the Faculty of Medicine (HR, Finance, Academic Affairs, Medical Education, IT) and by the University, to optimize administrative services in support of the Campus goals;
- Continuously analyze staffing, financing, operations, policies, systems, and procedures to ensure efficient and effective Campus performance;
- Provide oversight to and collaborate with lead managers to improve operations and ensure high-quality administrative support;
- Recruit, develop, and maintain the staff necessary to support Campus activities;
- Develop and prepare standard and ad hoc management reports to support the Campus in decision-making and understanding of operations;
- Participate in management of Campus facilities and inventory, including teaching, office and laboratory space;
- Oversee and provide direction in the implementation and administration of academic affairs policies & procedures;
- Maintain a current knowledge of all applicable regulations, policies and standards to assure compliance;
- Coordinate Campus IT matters to ensure their alignment with Faculty of Medicine Medical Education Systems; ensure availability of on-site support and report issues, if any;
- Contribute to accreditation and other quality control exercises by identifying administrative issues and opportunities specific to the Campus;
- Provide guidance to staff, professors, component directors and academic leadership on governance, accreditation, administrative issues, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Manage the financial activities of the Campus:
- Oversee and enforce the accounting and financial management policies and procedures developed by the Faculty of Medicine and University;
- Prepare, implement, and monitor an operating budget for all funding sources and ensure compliance with institutional rules and regulations.
Maintain a close liaison with the Faculty of Medicine and its departments when needed:
- Represent the Campus in its relationships with internal and external entities, as requested;
- Communicate issues and concerns to the Doyen associé et directeur, Campus Outaouais.
- Participate on various governance and operations committees, as required.
Eight (8) years' related experience
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now
Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
The deadline to apply for this position is September 3, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Medicine will only contact applicants selected for an interview.