As Director of Finance for University Advancement (UA) at McGill University, provide leadership and strategic direction over University Advancement (UA) financial matters. Working in close partnership with the Managing Director of Advancement Services, the Director of Finance will help UA to achieve business goals by ensuring alignment and effective management of the Finance/Budget, Donation Services and Gift Compliance functions.
- Lead general accounting functions and budget planning exercises and ensure appropriate allocation of financial resources to support UA strategic endeavors.
- Ensure continued implementation of timely and effective internal control systems, accounting principles and standards to produce accurate and reliable accounting records.
- Maintain and control adherence to University accounting, control and financial management policies.
- Ensure all reports and disclosures comply with applicable federal/provincial government regulations, professional standards, CCAE and CASE guidelines and University policies.
- Provide comprehensive and timely information to guide strategic decision making and promote continued value for money activities;
- Develop financial modeling and undertake forecasting in support of UA activities.
- Ascertain drafting of agreements and monitoring of obligations related to donation agreements and facilitate mitigation plans if necessary.
- Ensure overall processes are optimized for the delivery of the departmental service offering.
- Develop formal multi-year action plan for the Unit and implement related measurements of performance.
- Provide leadership and manage staff. Provide guidance and conduct performance evaluations for all direct reports.
- Participate with senior staff members in the development of short and long-term strategies for University Advancement and its Service department.
- Operate as a business partner to UA management, understanding the business strategies and goals, and building ongoing relationships with managers and staff.
Eight (8) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to University Advancement at staffing.dev [at] mcgill.ca.
The deadline to apply for this position is December 13, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, University Advancement will only contact applicants selected for an interview.