Under the direction of the Assistant Vice-Principal Development and Volunteer Partnerships, the Director, Regional Strategy provides leadership and directs the work of the regional development units, in order to facilitate opportunities for major gift fundraising.
- Assists the AVP in the establishment of priorities and long-term objectives for all the key regions, manage the current units and, if appropriate, oversee the implementation of new units within the portfolio.
- Ensures the development of, and execution on, a robust regional strategy that includes thematic, cross-faculty objectives. Ensures appropriate alignment and creation of synergies with regional efforts in other portfolios, such as Alumni Relations.
- Provides leadership and directs the work of the regional-based teams, with the exception of Toronto. Leads a team of advancement professionals. Ensures objectives and performance are aligned with strategic priorities of the Unit and of University Advancement as a whole.
- Provides strong leadership in strategizing and facilitating opportunities for major gift fundraising. Builds bridges with Deans and faculty-based professional staff in the targeted faculties to foster productive and supportive partnerships between central functions and faculty-based programs.
- Provides guidance to Deans/Directors, faculty members and professional staff as pertains to best practices in regional fundraising.
- Maximizes engagement and support of volunteers in regions. Ensures that volunteer structures within regions (e.g., Regional Advisory Boards) are properly supported with maximum involvement from volunteers.
- Personally manages a portfolio of 25 to 50 major gift prospects. Interfaces with the Primary Gifts unit on a regular basis to review high-level donor files.
- Plays an active role in the administration of UA’s Incentive Based Performance program. Coaches staff on how to work with metrics. Monitors results via metrics and manages staff resources.
Eight (8) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to University Advancement at staffing.dev [at] mcgill.ca.
The deadline to apply for this position is January 24, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, University Advancement will only contact applicants selected for an interview.