Under the supervision of the Director, Administration & Operations, the Facilities Manager heads the Facilities Team at the MNI and is responsible for leading and planning concurrent facilities projects, ranging in size from small to very large, collaborating with multiple stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of all projects. The Facilities Manager will be responsible for maintaining and developing relationships with various stakeholders across public and private sectors. The Facilities Manager is also responsible for the good functioning of research and administrative spaces, the overall structural well-being of all MNI buildings, and the maintenance of administrative agreements.
- Manage the implementation of the recently completed MNI Master Space Plan. In a collaborative manner, liaison with key stakeholders to prioritize, design, cost and plan major space refit projects. Communicate space plans to impacted parties and report status to stakeholders in an effective and consistent manner.
- In conjunction with McGill Facilities, external suppliers and internal department heads, oversee major infrastructure projects from a planning and implementation perspective, ensuring MNI requirements are met, in a timely manner and on budget.
- Manage the internal MNI project list by analyzing space and/or equipment requests, prioritizing requests, developing project timelines and project cost estimates, securing needed trades, and communicating with internal departments in a consistent manner.
- In a collaborative manner, establish building policies and guidelines regarding space management, core equipment, storage, and general building use.
- Establish and foster effective working relationships with the Director’s office, researchers, and department heads. Act as the primary liaison for the Faculty of Medicine, McGill Facilities, and MUHC stakeholders.
- Maintain administrative agreements; interact with the MUHC and McGill regarding shared space arrangements.
- Ensure building security, safety, fire prevention, maintenance and cleanliness. Perform regular building inspections and make recommendations regarding health & safety, building codes, etc.
- Manage the MNI Facilities team, including team development and succession planning.
- Manage special projects or requests related to facility structures, base equipment or PI supplies
Five (5) years' related experience
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now. Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
The deadline to apply for this position is January 24, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Medicine will only contact applicants selected for an interview.