The Faculty of Medicine’s financial and human resources activities are organized into Administrative Excellence Centers (AECs), which provide administrative services to our departments and schools. Under the leadership of the Associate Director of Administration, Financial and HR specialists are responsible for delivering these services. Under the direction of the Financial Officer, Montreal Neurological Institute, the Financial Administrator provides administrative and management support for all funds within the AEC’s jurisdiction.
- Perform and organize activities to support the daily operations of the unit by ensuring that accounting and investment functions are carried out in accordance with established goals and objectives
- Validate and review expenditures for compliance against applicable sponsor terms and conditions and University policies.
- Assist with the correction of ineligible expenditures charged to grants or other research.
- Communicate University procedures as they apply to research funds to promote compliance with all applicable regulations and policies.
- Act as a point of contact for Researchers requiring financial / administrative assistance.
- Promote sound record retention practices to researchers to facilitate ease of access and compliance with all regulatory policies for retention of documents.
- Provide training to local users and act as a help desk where collaboration is necessary to roll out new systems, processes, or other tools to facilitate research administration.
- Review fund balances and expiry dates in collaboration with RFMS and OSR for planning purposes and ensure continuity / renewal of FOAPAL accounts where applicable.
- Remind PIs of reporting deadlines to ensure smooth research activities.
- Liaise with RFMS for assistance with resolution of fund over-expenditures, filing of financial reports to Sponsors and other relevant information related to research fund activities.
- Perform duties as required by the Financial Officer and to act as backup as required.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now
Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
The deadline to apply for this position is January 24, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Medicine will only contact applicants selected for an interview.