Under the direction of the Associate Director Finance and Operations, provide support in the preparation of SLL Financial Plan, including scenario, forecasting and reporting. Administer the financial transactions for the Unit and make reconciliation on a monthly basis. Process journal entries, prepare analysis and justification in regards to variances.
- Provide support to the Associate Director Finance and Operations in the preparation of SLL multi-year Agreement (operational plan) including timely submission of the plan and follow-up as deemed appropriate
- Perform and organize activities to support the daily operations of the unit by ensuring that accounting and investment functions are carried out in accordance with established goals and objectives
- Assist or establish financial priorities by monitoring all financial transactions including advances, expense report, PCard and deposits.
- Plan SLL multi-year financial plan and budget, including scenario planning, forecasting and reporting; keep abreast of the new development of the Finance Budget Model by attending Budget and Faculty Financial Officers meetings.
- Initiate and process a number of accounting activities such as opening accounts, journal entries, advances, requisitions, expense reports, petty cash, supplier invoices and procurement card purchases and check deposits.
- Unit's financial transactions: administer all financial transactions for the Unit and ensure that all financial activities and administration are carried out in accordance with University policies and procedures. This includes:
- Create internal system to Follow-up with staff in all Student Life and Learning units regarding overdue advances for reporting to Financial Services
- Track and review the submissions received from faculties and units requesting funding from Quebec government for internship and stages. Prepare submissions for the final review by senior administrators.
- Acts as a resource person and provides explanation when needed to staff members in Student Life and Learning units with regard to procurement and payment methods and expense reimbursements.
- Administer internal funding mechanisms to support SLL initiatives and ensure appropriate stewardship of operating funds, restricted grants, and Endowments.
- Verify documents for completeness and compliance with government and private agencies' rules and regulations.
- Approve financial transactions for fund availability, restrictions and proper coding within established limits.
- Attend Meetings
- Oversee the work of employees, including casuals. Assist employees in their training.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Student Life and Learning at hr.dpsll [at] mcgill.ca.
The deadline to apply for this position is February 21, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Student Life and Learning will only contact applicants selected for an interview.